Senior Data Architect - San Diego, CA. or Remote
Currently not accepting applications
Daasity is looking for a Senior Data Architect to design scalable, extensible, consistent and efficient eCommerce OLAP data models within cloud-based databases such as Redshift and Snowflake, and business intelligence tools such as Looker and Tableau. This person will also mentor and coach data analysts who are less experienced in this area and prepare diagrams and transformation logic documentation. Willingness to work a Pacific Time Zone based schedule is required for our client.
Who We Are:
At Daasity, we believe every company – no matter the size – should have access to the data and tools they need to be successful. But far too often, that’s not the case. Founded in 2017, Daasity is the first and only data analytics platform built exclusively for Direct-to-Consumer brands by industry leaders in the Direct-to-Consumer space.
Daasity provides DTC brands with a business insights solution tailored to their specific needs. Start seeing value today with a platform that’s built to last for tomorrow. When it comes to making big decisions and big data, we get it. When it comes to your business, we get that, too.
Daasity embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Who Should Apply?
The ideal candidate will be an expert in enterprise data modeling with proven on-the-job experience in this area for at least four years. The right candidate for this role will have a self-starter mindset and a passion for data, preparing to scale, and a positive customer experience. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that provides challenges and fosters opportunities for impactful and career-building growth, we want to hear from you!
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Become an expert on Daasity’s data sources, pipeline, data transformation and existing data structures
- Design, implement and scale logical and physical OLAP data models for complex eCommerce data from disparate sources to support client-facing analytics and reporting, including within databases and business layers in visualization tools.
- Always design for scalability, quality and user experience
- Mitigate risk of rework or roadblocks to scaling
- Define best practice and standards for modeling at Daasity and maintain all documentation relating to these standards
- Scope and estimate new requests on approach to integrating into existing models
- Mentor, teach and coach data analysts and technical account managers who are less experienced in this area
- Prepare data flow diagrams and ERDs - some at the detailed transformation level, and others at the business level, for both internal and client viewing
- Reverse engineer existing transformation logic to provide data lineage and data flows
- Own the preparation and maintenance of supporting data modeling documentation
- Advise and execute on data governance, metadata management, and data dictionary strategies
- Strike a balance between speed to market and sound, scalable architecture
- Collaborate with project manager to project timeline of delivery phases
- Partner with other teams in the integration of new sources into our warehouses
- Partner with client to map out future work and/or present and discuss proposed solutions or flows
- Solve complex data integration challenges
- Be a key member of project team responsible for delivering accurate, timely, efficient scalable solutions to help our clients thrive
- Performance tune queries
- Willingness to work a Pacific Time Zone based schedule is required
- At least four years proven effectiveness as an on-the-job data modeler and regarded as an expert at data architecture
- Ability to reverse engineer existing systems and create easy to understand, clear diagrams and documentation to illustrate the data flow
- Successful experience working with data analytics, product, sales and dev-ops teams and other stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, especially in technical documentation and ability to tailor the level of technicality to the audience
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and doing ETL/ELT processes and business intelligence reporting and concepts
- Demonstrated experience migrating entire client homegrown databases into an enterprise warehouse
- Be an expert in determining cardinality
- Must have a firm grasp of crow’s foot notation
- Extensive experience with Snowflake
- Ecommerce background and familiarity with concepts and terms
- Experience with sales, marketing, customer and subscription data
- Ability to automate solutions
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Leadership/management experience
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau
- Experience with Shopify, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Recharge, Amazon Seller Central, Klayvio or Attentive Mobile data, or other sales, marketing or notification platform data
What We Offer:
- Remote first organization
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Ancillary Benefits include Short & Long-term Disability Insurance, FSA/HSA options, Mental Health Services via TalkSpace, Health Advocate
- 401(k) with over 20 investment options
- New MacBook and $450 Home Office Credit
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Growth potential company-wide
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving work environment
These steps may vary by role and are dependent on the needs of the company.
- Application Screening
- Initial/Behavioral Interview with the Recruiting Team
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Follow up interview, if applicable
- Reference Check
- Offer Package
- Background Check