Title IX, Equity, and EEO Specialist - Remote
Currently not accepting applications
Title IX, Equity, and EEO Specialist
Grand River Solutions provides harassment and discrimination response and resolution services to schools (including PK-12) and colleges. Our services create opportunities for institutions to delegate some or all their Title IX and Equity needs to our experts, on a short-term, long-term, or permanent basis.
This position is part of a larger team of Title IX and Equity professionals who assist our clients with their compliance obligations under Title IX of the Education Amendments of the 1972 Civil Rights Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act of 2013, and other related federal and state laws. We are seeking team members with the skill and experience to provide compliance oversight as a Title IX Coordinator and/or Equity Director at one or more institutions at the same time.
· Act as an institution’s Title IX Coordinator and/or Equity Officer/ Director and assume responsibility and oversight of an institution’s response to reports of harassment and discrimination in accordance with an institution’s policies and procedures
· Manage and oversee investigations and alternative resolution processes
· Develop and deliver training related to harassment and discrimination
· Assist clients in improving the overall functioning of Title IX and equity departments, as well as prevention efforts
· Serve as an institution’s subject matter expert on compliance and best practices related to Title IX, Title VII, VAWA, state and federal laws
· Advise clients on data management and record keeping
· Demonstrated experience serving as a Title IX Coordinator and/or EEO Officer
· Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, and to bring about consensus among groups possessing diverse opinions
· Demonstrated understanding and experience in working with a wide range of policies in the higher education environment.
· Experience conducting or overseeing investigations or other forms of complaint resolution and appeals
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects, establish and/or maintain documentation and recordkeeping standards consistent with best practices, and manage multiple/competing deadlines and priorities
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize projects for completion in a timely manner
· Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies related to Title IX/EEO
· Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
· Bachelor's degree in related area and /or equivalent experience
· Experience as a Title IX Coordinator or Equity Officer/Director at an educational institution
· Master’s degree / JD
Grand Rivers Solutions offers a benefits package to our full-time employees, including health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, and stock options.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Grand River Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority and under-represented group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact hr@GrandRiverSolutions.com.
As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.