- Providing troubleshooting and technical assistance to Welding Group operating personnel on all equipment issues
- Troubleshoot and repair of various welding control systems and other related equipment
- Use of various necessary machine manuals to be able to perform quality control testing to determine operational condition of equipment.
- Assisting with repairs on equipment in shop environment
- Be able to calibrate equipment for proper operation.
- Must be able to set up control system to dry cycle operation& be capable of changing weld schedule programs for different sizes of rail.
- Continued training on understanding the manufacture, operation and application of the various types of Holland machines and control systems.
- Utilizing Holland’s NCR (Non-Conformance Report), OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) and Continuous Improvement Programs
- Be able to utilize company software (IFS, MOD shopping cart) for purchasing parts and inventory.
- Will be required to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of emergencies
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel up to 30% via ground and air throughout North America
- Ability to lift to 50lbs with reasonable accommodations
- Standing, walking, bending and working safely on rough uneven terrain
- Ability to climb in and out of mobile operating equipment and associated Welding Group Equipment
- Vision must be sufficient for reading instrumentation & measuring devices
- Exposure on a regular basis to mostly indoor shop environment-dry conditions, heated shop, non-air-conditioned, concrete floor, including welding, grinding, cranes and fork trucks.
- Exposure to outdoor in all weather conditions
- Occasional Office/cubicle environment
- Wearing and use of all PPE and any additional safety related gear to perform job functions
- Focused environment that supports safety and housekeeping practices.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent; 2 year technical or business degree strongly preferred
- Experience in field service including troubleshooting on various heavy industrial electrical, hydraulic and mechanical operated equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various types of heavy industrial equipment (including remote operating personal and equipment via phone and other methods)
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic schematics and mechanical drawings
- Basic computer skills including excel, word, power point, etc.
- Excel with oral and written communication skills
- Be detailed orientated with good organizational and paperwork skills.
- Good training and coaching skills
- Maintain a valid Driver's License, Med Card, & Passport and abide by our Corporate Fleet Policy
- Successfully complete all pre-employment testing required by Holland, L.P.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Holland, L.P. offers exciting career opportunities in multiple functional areas. Our company is looking for people who want a high degree of accountability to align with our performance-oriented work culture. Our talented employees share a common bond of working for shared success. We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package for all our Full-Time positions only as part of our commitment to great employees. We offer generous incentive plans, profit sharing programs and unique performance-based bonuses. Additionally, our benefits include:
- Virtual Care options
- 2nd Opinion Assistance
- Mental Health Assistant
- Fertility benefits
- FSA Account
- Pet Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarships
- Service and Recognition awards
Finally, Holland shows commitment to our teams by promoting safety focus culture, peer to peer recognition. an employee led Engagement Team and Diversity Advisory Council.