Cell-Ed tackles one of the world’s most intractable problems: teaching people the essential skills they need to thrive. Skills include reading a child’s homework, searching the internet, communicating confidently, managing time, and navigating health care. One in three people does not have these skills preventing pathways to a better life, work, and health. Our science-based, radically accessible learning is proven to teach essential skills more effectively and in a fraction of time by delivering engaging micro-lessons, coaching, and certificates over messaging and audio across any mobile device.
- Offer an easy, accessible, and affordable way to deliver training to those who need it most
- Deliver value-based care to vulnerable populations
- Deliver mobile learning customized to local needs and contexts
Cell-Ed serves 70,000+ adults learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, and work). We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, students, community practitioners, and governments better address the myriad of challenges they face. Our technology teams help bring personalized learning tools to educators.
- Create and refine deployment patterns for infrastructure resources using IAC
- Create and support deployment patterns across the organization
- Evangelize and educate teams across Cell-ed on best practices
- Automate and integrate processes between software engineering teams and operations
- Design reliable systems at scale by removing complex burdens in how to scale and maintain uptime
- Continuous Deployment best practices knowledge and experience working with tools such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, Helm
- Kubernetes operator and deployment experience; EKS experience is a bonus
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools, i.e., Prometheus, NewRelic, Splunk, SignalFx
- Docker pipeline building
- A passion for rapid growth, constant personal/professional development
- Strong scripting language experience, i.e., NodeJS, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes core issues with system-level services
- Cloud experience, i.e., Azure, AWS, GCP
- Strong experience with Git and source control workflows
- WAF experience, i.e., Akamai, Cloudflare
- A collaborative team player that values the team's success over an individual.
- Load Balancing services in Kubernetes with tools such as Istio, Traefik, or Kong
- Performance Metrics to health and stability of the platform
- Programming experience in a higher language such as Golang
- Strong knowledge of query languages such as NQL and PromQL for monitoring and alerting
- Experience with microservice & serverless-based architectures (e.g., OpenFaas, AWS Lambda, Serverless, etc.)
- Large-scale production experience or comfort with distributed databases & persistent storage technologies/tooling (e.g., MongoDB Shards, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with message brokers and queueing systems (e.g., AWS SQS, SQS SMS, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS, etc.)
- Experience automating deployment cycles & release/package management for multi-repo projects/packages (e.g., NPM, Cargo, PIP, etc.).
- Strong communication skills!
- A passion for “learning while doing”; and an ability to “self-learn.”
- A passion for helping others!
- This role is 100% remote, with the flexibility to work anywhere in the U.S.
- 6 Months contract to hire.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
$100,000 - $145,000
$100,000 - $145,000
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thank you for considering Discovery Partners.