Diesel Mechanic- Heavy Repair $1,500 sign on Bonus - Ogden, UT
Currently not accepting applications
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Working in full compliance and procedures of the Holland Company Safety program to ensure a safe working environment.
· Appling safety & 5-S discipline, practices and enforcement of Holland Company safety policies.
· Understanding and following all Holland and MOD Division Operating Policies and Guidelines.
· Use of mechanical and hydraulic skill sets to perform general maintenance, diesel engine overhauls, and repairs. Ability to learn the hydraulic and mechanical systems of the MOD mobile welder following PM program directives.
· Disassembly, servicing and reassembly of machinery components back to functional operating condition meeting existing standards.
· Using a variety of hand and power tools and testing equipment to service and repair the MOD mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
· Follow program directives to perform mechanical testing on various components of the mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
· Use of welding and metal cutting skills to repair and restore worn or damaged components to standard service condition.
· Follow program directives to perform hydraulic flow and bypass testing on various components on the mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
· Adjusting and setting various hydraulic valves and pump controls to meet Holland specifications.
· Utilizing Holland’s NCR (nonconformance reporting), OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) and Quality Control Processes to maintain the Quality and Continuous Improvement objectives.
· Conforming to Holland Housekeeping policies.
· Occasionally assisting other department personnel in completing any objective or tasks with proper guidance from key personnel.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to lift to 50lbs with reasonable accommodations.
· Ability to climb in and out of mobile operating equipment.
· Ability to work while standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting and sitting for extended periods are required to perform basic job functions.
· Ability to work 40 plus hours per week.
· Exposure on a regular basis to mostly indoor and sometimes outdoor weather conditions.
· Shop environment-dry conditions, heated shop, non-air-conditioned, concrete floor.
· Wearing and use of all PPE and any additional safety related gear to perform job functions.
· Focused on environment that supports safety and housekeeping practices.
· Must have a high School diploma or equivalent.
· College or tech school certificate preferred in diesel, heavy truck, diesel and gas engines.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience required in performing maintenance and or repairs on various heavy industrial hydraulic and mechanical operated equipment.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience required in complete disassembly, evaluation, and reassembly to like new condition of diesel engines.
· Experience with reading and using mechanical drawings, schematics, blueprints, or BOM’s (bills of materials) to determine actions required for repairs of equipment.
· Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
· Ability to repair broken bolts and damaged threaded holes (use of drills, extractors and thread tapping).
· Basic welding skills such as mig, tig, or stick.
· Ability to use gas oxygen torch and plasma cutter for cutting and repairing of basic steel structures.
· Knowledge in working with hydraulic valves, cylinders, hosing and filtration in the maintenance or repair of equipment.
· Have good oral and written communication skills.
· Basic math and computer skills.
· Achieve and maintain Forklift driver certificate.
· Ability to travel up to 30% of your scheduled work time.
· Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment testing required by Holland L.P.
Holland, L.P. offers exciting career opportunities in multiple functional areas. Our company is looking for people who want a high degree of accountability to align with our performance-oriented work culture. Our talented employees share a common bond of working for shared success. We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package for all our Full-Time positions only as part of our commitment to great employees. We offer generous incentive plans, profit sharing programs and unique performance-based bonuses. Additionally, our benefits include:
- Virtual Care options
- 2nd Opinion Assistance
- Mental Health Assistant
- Fertility benefits
- FSA Account
- Pet Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarships
- Service and Recognition awards
Finally, Holland shows commitment to our teams by promoting safety focus culture, peer to peer recognition. an employee led Engagement Team and Diversity Advisory Council.