Nextworld, named #1 “Best Place to Work” in 2020 and 2021 by the Denver Business Journal, is a high-growth software development company based entirely in the Denver Tech Center and is looking for a talented and motivated Experienced Software Engineer. Ideally, this person will work well in a team environment, can be flexible, and is willing to take on a wide range of responsibilities. An ideal candidate would have experience in many of the skills listed below as well as solid computer science fundamentals.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· 1-4 years of experience in Java technology
· Proficient with OO analysis and design
· Experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies
· Experience in building complex highly scalable and performant systems
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience:
· BS Computer Science
· Experience with developing large scale enterprise cloud SaaS/PaaS solutions
· Experience with micro-services deployment models
· Experience with XML/JSON and REST
· Knowledge of databases and database applications as well as database persistence technologies - JDBC, JPA, etc.
· Experience with distributed systems and multi-threaded applications
· Programming in a linux environment
· Experience in application security, system security, JWT and Oauth