Cell-Ed tackles one of the world’s most intractable problems: teaching people the essential skills they need to thrive. Skills include reading a child’s homework, searching the internet, communicating confidently, managing time, and navigating health care. One in three people does not have these skills preventing pathways to a better life, work, and health. Our science-based, radically accessible learning is proven to teach essential skills more effectively and in a fraction of time by delivering engaging micro-lessons, coaching, and certificates over messaging and audio across any mobile device.
- Offer an easy, accessible, and affordable way to deliver training to those who need it most
- Deliver value-based care to vulnerable populations
- Deliver mobile learning customized to local needs and contexts
Cell-Ed serves 70,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, and work skills). We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, students, community practitioners, and governments better address the myriad of challenges they face. Or technology teams help bring personalized learning tools to educators.
In this newly created position, due to the continued success and growth of the organization, we are seeking a personable, team-oriented, high-energy professional with a desire to learn and contribute to a rapidly scaling team. The lead technology executive in the organization will architect the overall technology vision and digital product roadmap overseeing the tactical execution as Cell-Ed looks to the future. The successful candidate will further develop the organization’s strategic technology investments, oversee product development, maintenance, and delivery, and manage any necessary internal or external resources to continuously drive a superior digital experience for Cell-Ed’s clients, partners, and employees.
- Identify, select, and manage external vendors to complement in-house and personal capacity/ability.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement new technologies, services, and products effectively.
- Manage technology program and platform roadmap.
- Provide visionary leadership in collaboration with senior staff members, and provide guidance and coaching to team members as they progress in their roles and careers.
- Guide in balancing our platform efforts with the practical needs of our engineering teams to move fast and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial and mission-focused mindset
- Led agile scrum teams, creating scope and delivery plans.
- Servant leadership who can jump in and ignite the team around an effort and releases
- Overseen a highly robust cloud-based infrastructure
- Implemented ML & AI real-world solutions.
- Document epics and stories in requirement repositories.
- Bring a hands-on and solution-minded approach to project execution
- Proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in tandem with other functions, including Product Management, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Leadership.
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions
- Security-focused with a view of security embedded in the SDLC
- Mentor staff to maximize performance and potential.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic direction, including software architecture and alignment with company performance objectives.
- Optimize service costs through a mix of internal and external resources for all aspects of Development.
- Serve as a trusted partner to the business, helping to shape, guide, and deliver on Software Products, along with developing an Architectural Roadmap aligned with key business objectives.
- Partner with Product leaders to provide proactive support in the maintenance of Production Applications.
- Modern technology stack and solution for agility, scalability, maintainability, and Observability
- Enterprise Experience in developing event-driven microservice-based architecture and container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- Integration with various software products and applications
- You've led teams (at smaller and larger companies) shipping to large, sophisticated customers with heavy usage. Dev tools and cloud experience are strongly preferred.
- You communicate well asynchronously and directly to a global team.
- This role is 100% remote, with the flexibility to work anywhere in the U.S.
- 6 Months contract to hire.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
$180,000 - $390,000
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thank you for considering Discovery Partners.